How to integrate SpringBoot and PostgreSQL? It is the one of most common questions for developers. So in the post, I will help you to try it with Spring JPA. Here is a to do list for the tutorial:
- Overview of Project Structure
- Create SpringBoot with Spring Data JPA and PostgreSQL dependencies
- Configuration SpringBoot to connect to PostgreSQL
- Define a data model to map with table’s columns in PostgreSQL database
- Define a JPA Repository to do CRUD operations
- Use CommandLineRunner to excute above JPA Repository APIs: save, retrieve, update, detele entities
To do the tutorial, you need prepare Java >= 1.8, Spring Tool Suite in local computer for development.